I’m a huge believer in the power of content marketing for businesses of all types, industries, and sizes.
The Challenge With Video
Everyone wants to do video, but the difficulty involved can be off putting.
Enter Content Samurai. In this Content Samurai review, I’ll be taking a look at this popular product from the perspective of business owners looking to use it to promote their products/services (as well as from agency/freelancer and affiliate marketer perspectives).
You can get a free 14 day trial of Content Samurai here to get started (please note that Content Samurai is now actually called Vidnami; it's the same product, with a number of added improvements, but the rest of this review remains relevant).
What Is Content Samurai?
2. Make a production by filming your own unique video clips.
3. Find other video clips, images etc and then stitch them together using video editing software.
How Does Content Samurai Work?
2. Import a blog post/article (basically paste in your words)
3. Allow Content Samurai to find some auto-suggested images and video clips and sync these to the script. I’m impressed at how good of a job the product does here actually - it generally finds quite suitable clips and images and does an admirable job at the initial syncing.
4. Make any required tweaks to the “script” and how it appears on the video “slides”.
5. Record any voiceover (or create an auto voiceover).
6. Do a final preview and edit.
7. Export the finished product and upload to YouTube, Facebook etc.
How Much Does Content Samurai Cost?
At the time of writing (January 2020) Content Samurai is priced as follows - the trial is now 14 days though which is super helpful.
Who Is This Product For?
1. Affiliate marketers & niche site owners. You can use this product to turn your articles and blog posts into video versions, and leverage the power of YouTube for “parasite SEO”. This is the largest audience of users, from what I can discern. There are some fairly big channels on YouTube that use Content Samurai as the foundation of their productions, and then monetise via affiliate offers and YouTube ads.
2. Social media “influencers”. The new influencer template in Content Samurai makes it easy to create talking head videos with inbuilt captions - this is ideal for platforms like LinkedIn.
3. Freelancers providing social media and marketing services. I’m probably going to wake up with a horse’s head in my bed for saying this (courtesy of professional video freelancers) but I do believe there is some opportunity with this product for creating simple videos for clients. Many businesses don’t like investing time and effort into video production, but if you can do it for them and produce a workable product that helps them grow, there is opportunity aplenty.
What Are The System Requirements?
I would recommend using a proper desktop/laptop browser on Windows or Mac, however, as opposed to trying to do something like using a tablet. I tried using it on my iPad Pro and wasn't amazed with the results in terms of the interface, although it was usable.
I generally find the interface to be fast loading and smooth, and the web-based nature makes it handy to pick up projects where you left off if you change between different devices from time to time.
Content Samurai Text To Speech
Pros Of Content Samurai
• Fast and easy to use - You can be creating video in no time. I’m seriously impressed at just how fast it is to create good looking videos with this product.
• Plenty of options - There are loads of different template styles, colours etc. There is probably something for everybody.
• Included stock image, video and audio - Your licence includes access to stock images, video and background audio that you can use in your productions.
• Custom uploads - You can also upload your own images, video and audio.
• Voiceover recording in app - This handy feature breaks your script into chunks (that align with the “slides”) and then allows you to record your voiceover in the app itself, making getting the timing right easy.
• Fairly priced - I genuinely believe that this product represents good value for money, considering the features and service you get versus the price.
• New features being added regularly - For example, the developers recently added the ability to create “influencer” videos. Think talking head videos with the captions embedded within the video, and a title up the top. These perform well on platforms like LinkedIn.
Cons Of Content Samurai
• Compressed audio - Although I use a quality microphone to do my voiceovers, there is a definite degradation in audio quality that I can only assume comes in during the processing phase. It’s not unlistenable, but once again quality could be improved.
• No ability to preview within edit mode. This is a bit of a pain in the backside. Basically, you have to compile a preview of your video in a separate pane of the app, every time you want to see what the output will be like. It would be better if you could preview “on the fly”. Previews can also be extremely low quality.
Content Samurai Review Conclusion - Is It A Good Product?
You can see an example creation I have made with Content Samurai below: