Trying to grow a targeted following on your Facebook page is tough.
With Facebook consistently reducing organic reach, it’s a challenge to get people seeing and following your Facebook page.
There are - of course - paid ads (and Facebook would definitely prefer you pay them for the privilege of getting your page out in front of your target audience).
But the good news is that there are ways to grow your Facebook page for free!
One strategy is to invite people who like your posts to actually like your Facebook page.
In this short article I’m going to show you how to invite people who like your posts to like your Facebook page.
The process of doing this is actually rather simple.
Firstly, find a post on your Facebook page that has people who have liked it:
Secondly, click on the part of the post that talks about the number of people who like the post (it says '444' here)
Now a little window will open up - you can then choose to invite people to like your page.
They should receive a notification prompting them to come and like your page.
There are a few things to consider here:
- Firstly, this only works for up to 100,000 likes on your page. Once you cross 100,000 likes, you lose the ability to follow this process. Of course 100k likes is a lot for any small or medium business ... so this is more of a “theoretical concern”.
- Secondly, some people may not appreciate the notification and ‘prompting’. Some people disagree with using this method to grow a Facebook page by inviting people who like your posts to like your page, because it can feel a bit intrusive. I still reckon it’s worth testing to build an initial audience, but ultimately that’s your call. Keep an eye on feedback!
- You can do this on mobile devices as well.
- There are some applications you can purchase that will ‘auto invite’ all people who like your posts to like your page. While these can be effective, you need to be wary as this is probably a violation of Facebook terms of service and could get this functionality revoked for you, or even get your page shut down.
- If you invite too many people in too short of a space of time, you will temporarily be blocked from sending more invites.
And that’s all there is to it - now go out there and invite people who like your posts to like your Facebook page!